Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Late Night Butterfly


I made this card late into the wee hours of the morning over the weekend..., hence the title Late Night Butterfly.  I had in my mind what I wanted to do for the longest time, and just had to see if it turned out the way I envisioned it, and it did!  I finally got the perfect large dauber sponges that to me are much easier to use and can achieve an even coloring without being all splotchy (if you know what I mean). I stamped the butterfly from Take Flight on a scrap piece of white and colored it with Copics, embossed it with Versamark and clear EP.  I cut it out and paper pieced it on top of the one in the main focal panel.  I am so pleased with how it turned out...  It turned out just as I pictured it! *~* (don't you love it when that happens!!!)

I created another one similar with a slightly different color scheme, but it is postal and hasn't landed yet :o)  I had a sweet stamper in mind and hope she gets it soon!

10 comments:

Jaspere said...

This was well worth it. It is stunning.

Tina said...

What a beautiful card! I do love when the card turns out just as lovely as you invision it!

Stephanie said...

This is a stunner!

Cat Tidwell said...

Hey! That card looks familiar!! Your beautiful butterfly has landed at my house today!! Jennie, it is just GORgeous!! and it's MINE!!! Thank you thank you sooo much!! It might be a late night butterfly, but it brightened my DAY!!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous!!! It glows!!

specialcraftmom4 said...

This card is just stunning!!!! That butterfly looks so real. Great job (:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Gorgeous! Looks like it was worth the lack of sleep to acheive something so beautiful.

Kristin said...

jennie- you have outdone yourself!! wow, this is fab! i love it :-)

Anonymous said...

wow...lots happening whilst I am off playing on holiday! Busy busy girl...

congrats on your new designing gig...

I so love this card...and I know just what you mean by loving it when everything just gels.

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is GOR-JUS!!! there is a lot of time in this one but it is so worth it....you are the best!!
Linda