Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, June 5, 2009

If Nothing Ever Changed


This past Wednesday Gina K. had a new technique challenge on StampTV called Pullin' Pastels. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but my goodness is it easy and a WOW technique.  

I took a piece of In the Navy cardstock and with a cotton ball rubbed various shades of green, blue and yellow pastels to completely cover the cardstock.  Then I inked my butterfly image from the Eclectic Summer StampTV Kit in Versamark and stamped it the center of the In the Navy panel.  To set the chalk, I lightly misted the panel with aerosol hairspray.  I finished the card by using Basic Grey Lime Rickey designer paper, ribbon, and added the quote from the stamp set Take Flight.  A nice simple card with a WOW effect! 

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Susan said...

This is sooo pretty!!!

Laura said...

Love the colors!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Stunning Jennie! These patterned papers just fantastic with your butterfly & layout design.

Jaspere said...

Wow this is great. Love that technique.

Tina said...

Very pretty card, Jennie!! I nominated you for an award... check it out here... www.tinastampsup.blogspot.com

Angie Williams said...

This is so pretty! The butterfly on the backgraound is stunning.

Payne Holler Cards said...

that reminds me of Myra (back forever ago it seems) - really is such a nice card - your color choice and paper are perfect!

Donna Baker said...

this is so pretty, Jennie! love the navy colors & your layout!

Kay Kalthoff said...

OMG - I love this!! Thanks so much for sharing the technique!
Kay