Gina K. Designs Gallery

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quite a Catch!

On Monday I received the new StampTV Kit and as soon as I finished cutting the new sets out I just had to get a few of them inky right away! I made this card for my husband who is very supportive of my "habit!" :o)  Honestly, he doesn't fuss about my messy craft table in the family room and knows I *need* supplies quite often.

For this card, I stamped the image with Versamark ink onto the Pure Luxury White cardstock and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I sponged both Brocade Blue and Night of Navy around it.  A simple buffing with a tissue and the image pops!  I layered it on Pure Luxury White and In the Navy cardstock, added some ribbon from the Kit, and stamped the cute sentiment with the new Vivid Inky Blue dye based ink.   A very simple card to put together.

I hope you have a fabulous day!

12 comments:

Jaspere said...

Jennie this came out beautifully. Love, love that blue background.

Laura said...

What a cute card! And what a great husband to support your hobby! (Think he can give my hubby a few pointers??)lol

Christyne said...

This is STUNNING! Your DH will just love it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Jennie, this is such a great card. Love the sentiment with this image, and your color palette is fantastic. Glad you're enjoying the new set!

sarahw said...

This looks great. I must be living under a rock, I have never tried that embossing technique, my mind is racing. LOL :)

Unknown said...

its amazing, great job.

Jacquel said...

This is a great card and love the colors! tfs!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

What a great image and you made a beautiful card with it!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this fabulous silhouette!! What a wonderful card!!

Carmen said...

Very eye catching!! It sue makes the image stand out!

Payne Holler Cards said...

aaawwwww how romantic yep, that looks just like you two didnt know he was so good at multi-tasking lol
you did a great job on this card - I still can't get the hang of it!
AND you didnt use a background stamp OR dp fever?

you accomplished the "manly" romantic card

Carolina said...

This turned out beautifully! Love the sponging and the ribbon is the perfect touch!