Gina K. Designs Gallery

Monday, August 18, 2008

Paper Piecing



One of my favorite techniques in paper crafting is paper piecing! It is a great way to use up all of those little designer paper scraps so that their is little to no waste. Gotta love that! I knew when the stamp set Retro Boutique was released by Gina K. Designs that it would be a good stamp set to use the paper piecing technique. The dress alone screams "Paper Piece me!", and the purses do as well! I love purses that have a cloth design to them...now it does mean more purses to coordinate with outfits, but it is all good! :o) Purses are just like shoes, you can never have enough...

Back to the card... I used the SU colors: Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion and WW because it coordinated beautifully with the Basic Grey Sultry 6x6 paper pad. I also used the Paisley BG from Stampin' Up! for the background design on the Pink Passion layer.
The purses were stamped with Staz On Black and then paper pieced using Basic Grey Sultry. All in all an easy card to put together. Have a great day!

No comments: