Gina K. Designs Gallery

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Flowers for Daisy/Weathered



Copics right now are so popular and I am not sure that they are something I want to invest in...so I recently bought the Bic Mark It markers to try (some have said they are similar to Copics in not leaving lines). I thought this image would be perfect to see how they work. I colored the petals of the flower in a circular motion and they colored nicely. I also wanted to make my own designer paper using stamps, so I used the double daisy from the Flowers for You stamp set as well as the SU Weathered BG. I double stamped the Weathered BG inverting it to give good coverage. I am really pleased with how it turned out.

My only tip with the Bic Mark It markers...use something other than Staz On Black and SU Basic Black. The markers cause the stamped image to bleed a little bit so I will be looking for the Memento ink next time I go to a craft store.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but what are Copics? I'm a beginner and just looking for inspirations.

Your Cards Gallery are so cute!

Unknown said...

Wow - this is great! Love your card!

Momento ink is great - you'll love it. I also really like Ranger's Adironack ink. Both work well with any Alcohol marker. They're also great for OMS too.