Gina K. Designs Gallery

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Flowers for Daisy



I like to have plenty of "Thinking of You" cards on hand for when the occasion arises. This was a fun card to make using the stamp set Flowers for Daisy that was designed by Asela Hopkins (it can be purchased from Gina K. Designs and $4.00 from every set will be donated to the American Cancer Society through the end of August). I used the colors Close to Cocoa and Mellow Moss cardstock/ink and they compliment each other nicely. The flower was colored using Yellow Blaze Bic It marker and it was a little too bright for the card so I toned it down a bit by going over it with Creamy Caramel. That really helped as you can see in the close up....



The flower is cut out and adhered with a stampin' dimensional to make it really stand out.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your daisy card! The colors are fanatastic together. Love the sprig background that you stamped on your main image too.

Great job!

Cat Tidwell said...

This is gorgeous! I too love how you used the other stamp from the set for the bg paper, awesome!