Gina K. Designs Gallery

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wonderful Day

I have a card to share today that I made with some new Penny Black stamps and Memento ink.  I was inspired by a yellow/blue card on the Penny Black blog last week.  For this card, I used some stamps illustrated by my dear friend Laura Kirstie Campbell.  The first is a background stamp, Flower Flourish which I stamped with Memento Dandelion ink (picking up a smidge of color that was already on the stamp, which created a cool effect, I think).  The focal image is from A Flight of Thread and was embossed with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  After it had cooled, I colored it using Fantastix coloring tools and Bahama Blue and Dandelion ink.  Finally, I die-cut using Labels Twenty, wrapped with ribbon, stamped a sentiment from Gratitude and added some Want2Scrap bling.

I hope you have a wonderful day! 
Blessings, 

6 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Gorgeous card, Jennie! I love how you colored the lace butterfly!

Hope your holiday was wonderful!

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous!!! Love every thing bout this one!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jennie this is wonderful! Fantastic combination of stamps and the big ribbon is perfect!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is totally awesome! Love your color pallet and design!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - fabulous Jennie - I had initially thought you had stamped and white embossed the image on gold card, then coloured the image. Love your background.
Blessings
Maxine

Payne Holler Cards said...

So pretty! Love how you've used this set!
Glad to see you got some family beach time (-: