Gina K. Designs Gallery

Monday, July 2, 2012

Thank You

 
Hello and hard to believe it is July!  It is hot here in NC and looking to get over to the lake for a bit this afternoon to cool off!
Today I have a card to share that I made with some Penny  Black stamps, Tsukineko ink and Spectrum Noir markers.

I have some Copics, but honestly the price at times just rubs me the wrong way so I thought I would try Spectrum Noir, especially since they were $7.99 a pack (6 per pack) last week at AC Moore.  LOVE the pinks and obviously pink is a favorite color.  First, I stamped the Scented Message image using Versafine Oynx Black and embossed it with clear embossing powder. That step gives details images a clearly defined and slightly raised lines to contain the coloring a bit.  Then I used Spectrum Noir BP2 and BP6 to color in the flowers, the leaves were colored using Copics (as at the time I didn't have greens in SN, I have since remedied that, lol).  After the image was colored, I die-cut it using Labels Twenty and while still in the die, gently sponged with Desert Sand.  The sentiment is from So Blessed.  The Flower Flourish background was stamped using Rose Bud on Passionate Pink card stock.  I added a bit of corrugated cardboard and did some faux stitching along the top. 

Here is a close-up (LOVE how the flowers just pop):

I used Viva Decor pearl pens to add a liquid pearl onto the center of each flower. 
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day! 
Blessings, 

9 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Those flowers are so vibrant and work so well with the background elements.
Must say I'm jealous of your lovely hot weather. Hugs, Buttons x

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Love this card, Jennie!! Wonderful layered elements, beautifully colored and balanced! Ooo, Pearl Pens...have to try them, so pretty!

Happy 4th of July Holiday!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jennie the colors are so eye-catching! Love all the little extras you tucked in this design - pearl accents, stitching and die cuts!

Patti P. said...

Hi Jennie, this is gorgeous. Love that stamp and your coloring. I too broke down and ordered some of the SN markers, just haven't done much yet with them. Hope you get to go by the lake and cool off today, sounds like fun.
Are you going to Winston on the 21st? I know Linda is suppose to come down and we will meet up in Charlotte, but thought you might still come over. Olga and I will be there.
hugs...

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous, Love the layers and stitching!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Jennie! I love the colors and flowers! Hope you get to go cool off! This heat is crazy! It's been in the 100's here for days! finally we got rain today. Hugs!

Madeleen said...

Love this card Jennie! I thought that was real stitching!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely card - love the image and the way you have presented it.
Blessings
Maxine

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous! Colored to perfection!