Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Crayon Resist

Hello!  Getting back in the swing of things after a little getaway with the family and have a card to share that I made using Floral Thread background, Butterfly Kiss, and Gratitude.  I stamped the image with Versafine Black Onyx and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I die cut the image using Labels Fourteen and colored over the flower petals with a white crayon.  After the were covered with crayon, I generously sponged the die cut (in the die) with Squeezed Lemonade distress ink.  It really makes the flower POP!  

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day! 
Blessings,
 

7 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jennie your design captures all the beauty of a happy summer day!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Jennie! Love the color combo! The flowers really do pop!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh, Jennie, this is a great technique with marvelous results! I have to try this! I love how the flower stands out against the sunny yellow and how you chose not to color in the butterfly, fabulous! Love your black/white combo with yellow too, bold and wonderful!

Enjoy your day my friend!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful 'sunny' card Jennie. It is really dramatic.
Blessings
Maxine

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi, there Jenny! What an outstanding card! I have not used crayons yet, so this has my mind peeked :) Love the yellow/white colors, too! Very best to you,
Rosy Newlun

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi, there Jenny! What an outstanding card! I have not used crayons yet, so this has my mind peeked :) Love the yellow/white colors, too! Very best to you,
Rosy Newlun

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love the bright yellow and pretty daisies! Such a pretty card!