Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Layers of Color ~ Merci Bouquet

I recently ordered some stamps from Layers of Color...(special thanks to Nina for pulling me in). They recently released Art Stencils and couldn't stand it any longer, just had to give them a try and also ordered the stamp set Merci Bouquet. The quality of the clear stamps is amazing and the stencils...oh my goodness are these fun! I have two cards to share today... For this first one, I used the Color Challenge from SCS this week which is Soft Suede, Almost Amethyst, Apricot Appeal and White. I sponged over the oval with Apricot Appeal ink and paper pieced the flowers that were stamped on Almost Amethyst, it just makes them pop so nicely.

Now to the Art Stencils....
Isn't this stencil so COOL!!! Oh my goodness... I made a CAS design using the Vintage Medallion Art Stencil. It creates a wow effect without a lot of layering, bumpiness (you know what I mean) and weight... I just laid the stencil over my cardstock and sponged over it to reveal this really cool looking medallion.

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to stop back in tomorrow when Limelight Papercrafts is having another Sketch Challenge...it is a great sketch and can't wait to share my card. :o)
Blessings,

13 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Spectacular cards, Jennie! I love your style and color choices! Beautifully done!

JaniceAileen said...

Great job on both of them Jennie! I especially like how on the second card you made the "border" with the swag bouquet stamp to separate the stamped background.

Aren't those stencils fun!! You should pop over to Laura's blog and see how she used them on a SCARF! Totally trendy and super cute! :)

Gina said...

These are beautiful!!!! You did a great job with both the stencils and the stmaps!!

craftieodmae said...

You never cease to amaze me with your wonderful talent, these are gorgeous!!!

Grace said...

Wow Jennie! These are both very pretty! I love the color combo on the first one and how perfectly you matched the flowers to the papers! The second one is soooo pretty with the stamped image on the horizontal strip, and great use of your new stencil!!! Beautiful!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love your 1st card... so elegant. The 2nd is WOW... love the stencil!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hi Jennie. Fabulous cards using Merci Bouquet!! I love the stencil too. I have to order some of these once I get settled in Houston. Have a great day my dear!

Christyne said...

These are beautiful Jennie! I particularly like all the detail in the top card.

Alex said...

Pure gorgeousness Jennie!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

I added your lovely cards to the LOC SNR group art gallery and Merci Bouquet and Vintage Medallion art stencil gallery.

Thank you for your lovely contribution!

God bless your day, Jennie!

Lori said...

Saw the first card at SNR, LOC group, and loved it! The stencil card is wowzers, too! Love this, glad you ordered these so that I can get some more lovely ideas from you.

redwasher1 said...

Jennie both of your cards are just lovely!!

Anonymous said...

such pretty stamps in this set...i am enjoying seeing what you do with them.