Gina K. Designs Gallery

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Inspiration Mosaic Blog Hop

Welcome to another stop on the Inspiration Mosaic Blog Hop. Melanie has hit another one OUT OF THE PARK with this fantastic new stamp set! This set even sold out last week, but no worries ...it is back in stock :o) Stampers know when something is "hot" and this is burnin' up!

The idea to use the Scor-Pal popped in my head when Melanie first showed me the stamp set and when I saw the new Signs of Autumn Stamp TV kit I knew I wanted to combine it with the leaves. I masked each block and randomly stamped the leaves using Ruby Red, More Mustard, Really Rust and Old Olive ink. I turned it over and evenly scored the cardstock both ways. I sponged over it with Creamy Caramel to make the grid really pop and I layered the panel on Pumpkin Spice (love this color....and am hoarding it already). The beautiful double stitched chocolate ribbon that comes in the kit I wrapped around the front and with a glue dot added the bow. Next I layered that the Pumpkin Spice panel onto Chocolate Kiss card base. The sentiment was added by first stamping the leaf and then adding the sentiment with Vivid Coffee Bean ink which I embossed with Clear Embossing Powder and layered as well.  I am having so much fun with this stamp set...a card came be as simple or elegant as you want it to be. It is all a matter of what you want to do with it.

Melanie also has a fun Potluck Challenge over on Stamp TV and this week it was to use a photo as the focal point on a project.  I took a small photo I had of my youngest son wandering around at the ball field and used Melanie's stamp set to create a Post-It Note holder using a clear acrylic 4x6 frame.  I ended up stamping it twice and paper pieced it together to get it about 6 inches wide.  I colored various block with a yellow Copic.  I am tickled with how this turned out...my husband will put this on his desk at his office for quick little notes to jot down.

For even more inspiration, be sure to check out Melanie's blog.

Melanie also has several guest designers joining in on the hop tonight:
Jennie Harper, Tina Gilliland, Linda Payne, and Jenny Charboneau

These GinaK's Senior DT members have Inspiration Mosaic projects on their blogs as well: Gina K., Donna, 
Cathy, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Lee, and Theresa

and finally, don't forget to check out our CenterStage DT members:
Shannon Bracken and Brenda Turner

43 comments:

Tina said...

Very cool, Jennie!!! Love the leaves and the post it holder is soooo cute!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love ' em both! how awesome are your leaves and the scoring...and love little Jeb :) that is so adorable...awwwwwwww

thestampinglady said...

I love fall and I love this mosaic stamp and together they are stunning. Just love it. And what's not to like about the little guy in your photo layout card. TFS your talents.

Theresa Momber said...

Jennie, that fall leaf mosaic is gorgeous and I am totally in love with the post it note holder! Fab idea!

Melanie said...

yup, i was thinking this afternoon it might be fun to Scor- it! way to go!! your post it pad is the bomb!!! I must CASE!!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Wow! I especially love the leaves. Gorgeous!

joy said...

The Post It Note holder is fantastic! I'm doing this for some grandparents for Christmas -- thank you!!

Shirley said...

Fabulous card and I love the note pad! I shall have to borrow that for my daughter.

Anonymous said...

Great projects Jen...Love the cute little fella on the baseball field...he is so so cute....he will grow up far too soon.

Don't you just love the scor-pal?

redwasher1 said...

Jennie, your cards are beautiful! Geri

Selma said...

Both these projects are fabulous. I really like how you used the ScorPal but love the Post It note too. Fabulous ideas Jennie.

Jan Castle said...

sooo fallish!

Brenda said...

Fabulous card and I love your post it note holder, great idea.

Denise said...

Thank you for explaining exactly what you had done on your card and project. Both are just stunning!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Oh, these are gorgeous ways to use Melanie's new stamp set!! TFS!

JessicaK said...

Amazing masking job, Jennie. And the colors are gorgoeous.

Lee said...

Ohhh the leaves are just gorgeous against the mosaic!!!!

Giovana said...

Fantastic designs.
God bless
Giovana

Cat Tidwell said...

Wowza Jennie! LOVE those leaves like that and what a neat idea with the post it note holder!

Betty Benton said...

Fabulous colors! That picture of you son is absolutely precious!

kim.mom said...

Beautiful!

slbt17 said...

nice job - love the scoring - adds a nice touch to your card!
Thanks for the inspiration !
Sandra

JazzyH said...

Really like the way you did this. I love the leaves.

Sharri said...

Jennie, Beautiful card! I love the scoring with the mosiac and the post-it note holder is an awesome idea!

Unknown said...

Jennie!!! I LOVE your projects! You are such a rock star designer, my friend!

Lori said...

Great card! I just love the pic of your little boy, very cool project.

Lorraine said...

That's a great card. Brilliant idea to use the Scor-Pal. The grid looks great and I love the autumnal colours.

Donna Baker said...

love your leafy sponged mosaic! gorgeous and the pic of your son is adorable - I love that you made a notepad out of it

specialcraftmom4 said...

Love these!!!! Great job (:

Alyssa S said...

Wow Jennie! These are great!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

外籍新娘 外籍新娘
大陸新娘 大陸新娘
越南新娘 越南新娘
東北新娘 東北新娘
廣西新娘 廣西新娘
吉林新娘 吉林新娘
福建新娘 福建新娘
中國新娘 中國新娘

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Jenny! Gorgeous creations!! I love the card!! That sentiment is beautiful and what a beautiful design!! Cute picture of your son and I love the color blocked layout!

Harriet H said...

Your card is gorgeous.......

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love the leaves! THis is a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Such great projects! Thanks for sharing.

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful Jennie - great work - as usual! Rock on!!! :-)

Tina said...

The photo of your son is precious! and your card is awsome! Great color combo!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic creations Jenny! What a great job you did on both of these projects. You have really shown the versatility of this stamp set. So nicely done.

Kristin said...

this is so pretty! love what you did!

paige said...

The mosaic is out of this world gorgeous!

Gina K. said...

Jennie- I'm a day late but your projects are fabulous!

Kirstin said...

Whoa - that is an awesome mosiac card!!!!!!

Christyne said...

AWWW! This is SO adorable!