Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

MFT: Rain or Shine



A favorite color combination of mine is various shades of pink and brown which just happens to be part of the color scheme of the new Basic Grey Bittersweet designer paper. I paper pieced the coat/dress (and the dog just had to match!) and colored her and her boots with Copic markers adding a bit of sparkle with Cotton Candy stickles. The background was also colored with Copics and I added a little grass with a small grass stamp. I did add some rain with Versamark, but sadly, it doesn't show up well in the photo.

Well, I am off for a busy day here... Have a great one!

15 comments:

Maria said...

Hey Jennie! Love your card and that flower for an umbrella is awesome!! Beautiful job coloring the image and I really, really love the color combo!

Maria

Maria said...

Oh, it looks like you paper pieced your image. . .I thought you colored it but when I looked at it further, I realized it was paper pieced. Well, awesome job with the paper piecing!! You did a fab job coloring and drawing the grass!!

Maria

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh love it! Love the paper piecing you have done and the layout, gorgeous creation Jennie!

Mandy said...

This is so adorable! I love the paper piecing!! :) And OF COURSE the dog had to match! :) Hope you have a great day!

Sandy said...

This card is so cute, Jennie!! I love pinks and browns too. Your layout is fabulous and I love the flower umbrella.

Jaspere said...

Great colors and you know I love that flower.

Anonymous said...

Oh beautiful card Jennie! I love it...especially the colour combination!

Theresa Momber said...

Jennie, this is fantastic! I love the flower umbrella!

Angie Williams said...

This turned out so nice! Great job!

Kristin said...

This is VERY pretty! Love it!

Enfys said...

What a super card, and fantastic idea to use a flower for the umbrella, love it.
hugs
Enfys xx

Christyne said...

Oh my! LOVE that you used a flower as the umbrella! What a wonderful card!

Brooke S said...

What a cute card.. I love the umbrella! How stinking cute to use a flower... So clever.. what great paper piecing... the wiener dog is adorable.

Hugs
Brooke

Tammy said...

What a great card!!!!!

Unknown said...

how clever to use the flower as the umbrella!