Gina K. Designs Gallery

Monday, February 23, 2009

Clean and Simple Card



I made this card for last week's CAS challenge (which was to use a button on your card).  CAS stands for Clean and Simple.  A simple definition from SCS is: A clean and simple card has limited layers and sometimes just a card base. It leaves a lot of "open space". It uses little or no embellishments. Any techniques should be the old standard everyday kind like sponging, distressing and piercing. Limit the number of tools you use. Any colored images should be small and quick. Don't go overboard on tons of punches and embossing. CAS cards should be easy and quick.

Oftentimes I overcomplicate cards and this challenge really helps me to simplify (not to even mention taking it easy on postage due upon mailing.... LOL!)   I must say I am not a huge fan of this card, I am really trying to like the white space and with time I think it will grow on me.

This week's challenge is a sketch and you can find this week's challenge HERE.  I know this is a challenge I hope to do each week...simple is good! :o)  Have a great day!

8 comments:

Angie Williams said...

It is simple but a very elegant outcome. Great job!

Stephanie said...

I love it, clean and simple is so awesome, I have a hard time making them too but usually love the outcome.. yours is great!

Maria said...

Oooh, simple cards are so difficult. . .sometimes we compensate by using a lot of embellishments. Your card turned out BEAUTIFUL, Jennie! You really did a wonderful job highlighting the image and making it stand out beautifully.

Maria

Anonymous said...

Oh I love clean and simple. Takes us back more to the "old" days of stamping I think. I love your card. It is really elegant amd doesn't need all the extra paraphenalia!!!

Jaspere said...

Clean and simple looks good.

Sandy said...

Great card, Jennie!! I'm a big fan of clean and simple cards. Love the button flower center.

Sam said...

I adore this card - very elegant and yet so simple. I am of the less is more camp!!

Unknown said...

WOW! love the clean design - just elegant. great job with the challenge.