Gina K. Designs Gallery

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Comfort and Peace



This week is just flying by, I can hardly believe it.... I think I missed part of September and now it is October 2nd already!

The Color Challenge on SCS this week was to use colors: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust and Baja Breeze (which I substituted with Sage Shadow). The stamp set used is Comfort and Peace from Gina K. Designs. I think the sentiments in this stamp set work very nicely for a variety of occasions when you are concerned for someone, whether it is for a sympathy card or if someone is just going through a difficult time for a variety of reasons. The font is form of script and different from anything else that I have in my collection. I created the background on the Really Rust layer by first stamping it using the Canvas BG from SU, then I put it through the Cuttlebug using the Distressed Stripes folder. I think both steps give it great texture! The main focal image was stamped using markers and then stamped over the image using Creamy Caramel ink and the Linen BG.
Have a great day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Comfort and Peace (GKD), Linen, and Canvas
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Sage Shadow, and VV
Ink: Chocloate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, and Really Rust
Accessories: Brown Organdy, Brads, and CB folder Distressed Stripes

No comments: