Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Anniversary gift



We went to a 50th Anniversary party for a sweet couple this weekend and I figured a nice gift would be an altered picture frame. I used the K&Company Hannah 12x12 Scrap Pad...I love the colors and the sturdiness of the paper just can't be beat...it really helps to have a thick paper when it comes to using Modge Podge to glue it onto the frame, and this designer paper fits the bill! The frame was painted using Linen Folk Art Acrylic Paint.
I doubled up two different ribbons and tied it on the side. Honestly, I wish I had of made it horizontal because then I would have had room for the word cherish, but I know that for next time.



I used the same designer paper on the card and used the retired stamp set Artfully Asian. It was easy enough to put together...I do wish I had a stamp that more closely matched the large flower on the designer paper, but figured this would work.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

What a lovely set- they will love it. I am sure.

Darlene said...

What a beautiful gift set! The picture frame is an awesome idea!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

OH this is a gorgeous gift! Love the altered frame, gonna have to try that one day...got so much DP laying around, I will never use all of on cards!