Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, October 3, 2008

Sparkly Snowman



There is a challenge on SCS (in the MFT forum) to make a card using the paper piecing technique with your MFT stamps. Since I just received my first MFT stamps last week, I just had to give it a whirl. I paper pieced so many parts on this card, I think I went a little overboard! :o)) I paper pieced: the coat, dress (underneath the coat), scarf, mitten, legs (which I colored with my Blush Blossom marker) boots and the blue snowflake background. I used the desginer paper Holiday Thyme (SU) that retired a couple of years ago. The blue panel I put through my Cuttlebug Snowflake folder and sponged over it with Bashful Blue ink.
I used Dazzling Diamonds Glitter for the snowman and snow. It is so sparkly!
Have a great day!

Stamps: Baby, It's Cold Outside
Paper: True Thyme, Bashful Blue, WW, Basic Black and Holiday Thyme DP
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, and Bashful Blye
Accessories: Clear EP, Blue Striped Ribbon, Scalloped Edge punch, Snowflake brads, Word Window Punch, Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Snowflake CB folder, and Corner Notch Punch

3 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

No! You didnt go overboard, this is gorgeous with the paper piecing! And love that glitter on it, wonderful creation!

Melanie said...

overboard? hush yo mouth, it's great!! :)

Michelle said...

Way too cute! I love it! I just can't get into the headless women - but I love yours!!!