Gina K. Designs Gallery

Monday, August 8, 2011

A Special Friend Bookmark

I made this for the Fanatical About Botanical challenge over on Moxie Fab.  I wanted to create something other than a card and was inspired by a recent bookmark that the uber creative Keri made several weeks ago which you can see HERE.  I used several Layers of Color stamp sets: Flutterescent, Artful Endearments, and Acanthus Leaves and some new inks from Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx in Leather and Honey.  It is a fabulous ink for stamping, sponging, and embossing.  I used the Honey for stenciling with the Belle Brocade art stencil and stamped the flourishes/sentiment with Leather. The butterfly was also stamped with Leather and then spritzed with Scarlet Tattered Angels Mist (for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge Challenge#101 which was to use something from your stash that you 'just had to have' cause you would use it everyday...but have forgotten about...)  And sadly, that was one of many I could have picked.  :(  Guess I need to stamp more, lol!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Blessings,

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Jennie this is beautiful - love the colours and the design is so sweet.
Blessings
Maxine

craftieodmae said...

beautifully done!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jennie! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

LOVE it... love the botanical feel! Beautiful tag my friend!