Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Suzie Q.




I saw the color challenge on SCS and combined it with the sketch from InStyle Stamps' Blog to make a quick card. I am in the middle of cleaning up the Christmas clutter (from decorating and wrapping...it is driving me nuts) and thought I deserved a break. :~) Since I have shopping on the mind, I thought I would use Suzie Q. from InStyle Stamps . She and others like her have recently been released from InStyle Stamps. She is just so much fun to color and paper piece. I took some of the Bella Rose Designer Series paper from SU and also used Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White cardstock. I stamped her shopping bags twice and popped them up to add dimension. This great striped ribbon, from Michael's, added just the perfect touch to the card. The phrase is from An American Art stamp called: On Visa and it goes perfectly since she is out finishing up her Christmas shopping! I am thankful to say I am finished with mine. :o)

Two posts in one day, pretty good for me!

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Your card is so cute!! That sentiment is perfect with Suzie Q.

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh this is darling. I love the saying, too cute!!! I really need to get some of these stamps. Maybe I can with after Christmas $$.

Ellibelle said...

This is so cute! I love your paper piecing. I don't think I have ever done that technique. I will be doing it with pam and buster when the stamp gets here.

Cat Tidwell said...

Haha!! What a cute card! Love your paper piecing on it and the layout of this!

Jaspere said...

Cute. Love that sentiment

Anonymous said...

This card is sooo adorable! I love it!

Jacquel said...

Your card is soo cute and that image is adorable!! excellent work and tfs!!!

loretta said...

What a cute card, and I agree, the sentiment is perfect! Very wonderful creation!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Oh so cute, love the added Visa!

Anonymous said...

The phrase from An American art stamp...Can you point me to a web site pretty please...I so have to have that stamp!!!!!

Oh and the card is great...I love it...Not an afterthought....I thought the whole thing gorgeous at first glance and then read the phrasing and went ...where is the comments page...quick!

Lesly said...

This is way too cute! Great job! TFS!

Tammy said...

Darling! I will have to take a look at these stamps, I don't believe I've heard of them.

Ann said...

Oh, she is cute! I love the paper piecing and polka dotted bg! :D

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Great sentiment for this FUN card!

April said...

I love that saying on your card! I must have it!!! Adorable!

Jennifer said...

Super cute card!! I really like the colors used with this and the paper piecing is perfect!

These stamps are just too fun to play with! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi!