Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, August 24, 2012

Season of Change

Today I have a fun autumn card I made using Season of Change from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Pitt artist Big Brush pens (no ink pads, shock and awe I know!).  I colored directly on the stamp using Dark Chrome Yellow and flicked on top of it with Orange Glaze prior to stamping on white card stock.  I love the two-toned look on the leaves...  To add some filler to the white space I inked the Friendship Script Background with the Light Yellow Glaze Big Brush pen.  The sentiment was inked with Caput Mortuum and and some flecks by coloring with the same marker on my craft mat, spritzing with water and then flicking over my panel using a water color brush...uber cool technique, and a favorite!

Here is a closer look at the flecking:

Pin It
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day! 
Blessings, 

5 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

The layers of stamping in this design are amazing! The depth is fantastic as well as the colors!

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Jennie! The leaves look real! Have a nice weekend!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning - love your colour choice and the technique you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

Payne Holler Cards said...

now THIS is a knockout! wish I could see you do this...it really is gorgeous...finally getting around to visiting this morning. Your fall cards are so beautiful....just saw the post with the Charlotte pic - so funny! hope all can come up here next year.
well off to keep visiting - promised myself I would visit until 11am and then I'm taking the silhouette cameo out of its box...oh I hope I can figure it out without too much frustration LOL
Beautiful card for Lynn - Sure will miss Barb - she was always such an encourager...

Patti P. said...

Jennie, this is gorgeous and love the technique. I am like Linda, wish we could be there with you to watch, so much more fun.
I love Fall cards....