Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, July 9, 2010

CSS Alumni Blog Hop

Welcome to a fun blog hop being hosted by members of StampTV Center Stage Alumni. A group of us have decided to get together a couple of times a month and host a themed hop in order to share our love for Gina K. stamps. If you've arrived from Jen's Blog then you're at the right place! To start at the beginning, please go to StampTV and hop from there.

The challenge for this hop is a Color Challenge ~ Kraft or Tan Leather, Green (Creme de Menthe, Grass Green, Fresh Asparagus, or Green Apple) and White. Here's what I came up with:

I used the stamp set Hugs and Prayers and Vintage Backgrounds for my card. One technique I haven't used yet with this set is Emboss Resist and thought it was about time and this hop was the perfect occasion. The patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety.

Ready for more inspiration? Hop on over to Joan's Blog to see her beautiful project!
Thanks for stopping by and have wonderful weekend.
Blessings,

26 comments:

Cheri said...

This is such a sweet card, Jennie. I love the way you used the stamp set.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is a wonderful card. Love the softness of it!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous card!

Theresa Momber said...

Oooh, love that background. So gorgeous!

Tina said...

Wonderful Jennie!!

Joan Ervin said...

The white flowers on the green background look FABULOUS!!!! Love the pretty sentiment layer, too!!!!

Carolina said...

Stunning in every way Jennie! Love the mesh strip under the main image and the flowers look amazing with the stamp technique theme!!! Love it....hugs & smiles!

Kary said...

Jennie - I love your card!! The Emboss Resist looks great. It's a really pretty sympathy card.

Patti P. said...

Jennie, loving your dp on this card. Perfect green. I love this technique....haven't tried it yet! It is stunning with this set.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Jennie! I love the DP and emboss resist flowers! Wonderful design!

Donna said...

Very pretty, Jennie.

joy said...

The green tones in your card are beautiful! I really like the texture the jute ribbon you have added!

buggin2stamp said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love all of the green. :o)

Lori said...

Heehee!! It's funny we both thought to use the same technique! Fun isn't it?! Very pretty card!!

Giovana said...

This is so pretty Jennie! Love it!!

Paula Laird said...

This is stunning, Jennie!

Betty Neville said...

Beautiful card Jennie! Love your embossed flowers and the gorgeous background!

Missy said...

Jennie,
Oh I love this. I will need to try the resist technique because I love how you made it look.

Melissa said...

So beautiful Jennie! I love the poppies and of course all of the green.

JaniceAileen said...

LOVE this one, Jennie! So greatly designed!!!! I love all the alyesr and the great sponging on the sentiment tag--just greaT!

Lorraine said...

Just beautiful! Love the background and the emboss resist technqiue!

Frndly1 said...

I love the use of the green in your card.

craftymom205 said...

Love the card. Great colors.

Anonymous said...

The emboss resist really sets this card off.. great job

Bev Gerard said...

I love it ... LOVE it, Jennie!
Wonderful & soothing color in a beautiful card!

~Bev

Anonymous said...

techniques...yay....i love techniques....gorgeous result sweetie.