Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, October 9, 2009

Be Still...

I made this card for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge which was to show the "earth rejoicing". Well, I immediately thought of Theresa's set Happy Camper with the majestic mountain scene.  I thought this verse was perfect in describing this scene..."Be Still and know that I am God." My husband and I dearly love the mountains and to see the majesty of them just takes your breath away.... that is what I tried to show in this card.

My wisdom tooth being pulled wasn't too bad and after a big ole' cup of coffee, I felt pretty good.  Only two more to go and all my wisdom will be gone :o) Hee~Hee!
Well, I am going to go take some more Motrin and get ready for the game....



Card Deets:
Stamps: Happy Camper, Words of Wisdom
Cardstock: Chocolate Kiss, Green Apple, Pumpkin Spice, and Ivory
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Apricot Appeal, Vivid Olive, Vivid Butterscotch, Versamark
Accessories: Herringbone CB Folder, Ribbon, Clear EP, Nesties

18 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is beautiful and yes the sentiment fits it perfectly. Take care and don't over do at the game.....we'd hate for you to lose all your wisdom LOL

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is perfect for the challenge! Beautifully done!

Unknown said...

Beautiful1 I love the layout and the colors are beautiful!

Selma said...

I commented on this card on StampTV but just want to tell you again how beautiful it is.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I am blown away by this card! It's stunning!

Pamela said...

Wow! What an awesome card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Jennie...I love scene cards...

(Never had any problems with any wisdom teeth...still have them all!)

Michelle Forrest said...

absolutely beautiful! Hope you feel better soon!

paige said...

Beautiful card! You put the scene together very nicely.

Cathleen said...

Oh how pretty, what a fantastic scene you created!

Kathy W. said...

Love the mountain scene. It's perfect:) Thanks for playing with us over at SSCC.

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh Jennie this is just stunning! I feel the same way about mountains, and so wish I lived with Lee, haha!

Laurie said...

Love your mountain view!

Kirstin said...

what a perfect image for that sentiment!!! I love this!

Gina Lindsay said...

Love that embossing, great card to go with that theme.

Payne Holler Cards said...

stunning! love your colors, masking, and did you airbrush or sponge! its so perfect I can't tell...this is a perfect card! bet DH has this one sitting on a shelf or something !!! needs a frame :)))

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this card. The colors are so balanced, and the detailed techniques are beautiful.

Kristin said...

one of my fave verses ever and love that card!!