Gina K. Designs Gallery

Sunday, August 22, 2010

GKD Sneak Peek: Grand Damask and Fanciful Tags

Gina K Designs is having another release this coming Thursday night at 10pm (CST) and two of the sets being released are Grand Damask and Fanciful Tags from Nina Brackett. If you have been looking for flourishes, a damask image, sentiments in a beautiful fancy font or a set of stamps to match up with Fancy Tags from Spellbinders...well this set is for you!

For this card, I used Vintage Backgrounds to *KISS* on the damask image before stamping on Ivory cardstock. Can you see the *kissing* possibilities with this image, oh my! The birthday sentiment is from Fanciful Tags, just love the font of these sentiment. I used the colors Black Oynx, Lovely Lavender and Ivory, as well as some 5/8" Black Gingham Ribbon.

This next card I kept simpler and have found some Nesties that work very well with this large damask image (Big Scallop Circles and Labels Nine...though I am sure there are more!)...


I stamped the flourishes on Liptstick Red cardstock using Fired Brick Tim Holtz Distress ink and again used Black Oynx and Ivory.

I know the Gina K Designs Design Team has created some beautiful designs with this set and will definitely be hopping along over there myself. You can find more information on Gina K's blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Blessings,

12 comments:

JaniceAileen said...

GORGEOUS, Jennie!!! But from the looks of these sets, it won't be hard to maker beautiful creations!! Oh, goodness, Nina just keeps coming out with better and better sets! You've used her sets well--so beautiful!

craftieodmae said...

WOW, got this one on my wish list for sure!

Payne Holler Cards said...

knockouts! lovin that kiss card! now I have to get it too! (enabler (-:)

Carla S. said...

Jennie, your cards are so beautiful! I love the damask over the text and the framed damask in the second one is so rich and elegant!

Sharri said...

Jennie, Beautiful cards as always!!! I love the "kissed" Damask!

Cat Tidwell said...

Both are so awesome Jennie! I sure love that kisisng technique..another one to do with this too now! LOL!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Jennie - what gorgeous cards - they are so gorgeous! I love the forst one especially! Gotta love those Fancy Tags and the Nesties with it - sigh! These are gorgeous Jennie - you have created beautifully! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

Lori said...

Jenni, both cards are so pretty. Very elegant, with perfect colors.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are absolutely luscious!

Christyne said...

Jennie, these are SO pretty!

Lagene said...

Beautiful! I love the Kissed stamp!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Goegeous!! That "kissing" technique adds so much, WOW!