Gina K. Designs Gallery

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shades of Blue



The past few days have been a bit busy so stamping has been on the back-burner.  I did manage to make this card on Sunday afternoon during the little one's nap :o)   I pulled out some more retired SU colors: Bayou Blue and Soft Sky.  I love the way these two shades of blue compliment each other.  The stamps are from the Elegant Flowers set which is now sold separately since the Stamp Kit sold out.  So if you have been wanting one or the other (Bold Flowers) without buying the whole kit now is the time (especially with the coupon from the Stamping Lifestyle magazine, which you can find details for it HERE. I know my order shipped on Monday so looking forward to some more Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss cardstock and other fun goodies!

Also, the first batch of stamps for me to design from Creative Vision are on their way!!! I am excited to get use them... I am going to have some fun mail days, I love happy mail!  Hope you have a great Wednesday!! :o)

8 comments:

Christyne said...

Blue Bayou and Soft Sky are some of my most favourite In Colours. I was sad to see them go...luckily I still have a smidge of Soft Sky DSP and Blue Bayou cardstock to play with.

I will be just as sad when Baja Breeze retires...must stock up!!!

Your card is just WONDERFUL! I love the image you chose! TFS.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous creation, Jennie!! I love how you have colored these awesome silhouettes!! Beautiful colors and layout!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so lovely Jennie! I've been busy this week too and will be for the next few days. What's up with that? I want my life of leisure back! LOL

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I really like the soft effect of your stamping technique. The pierced corners are a fabulous finishing touch.

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh this is gorgeous Jennie! I really love the shades of blue on this! Wonderful creation!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the DT position! Well done miss jennie!

Beautiful cards from the last couple of days.

Hey I am totally clueless too on the flower front...and I had the best giggle over the black thumb comment...That is ME too!

B said...

This is so pretty! Love the fun piercing

Donna Baker said...

what a beautiful card