Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Week Late...Blog Hop


Here I am FINALLY posting my cards from Melanie's Blast from the Past Hop (from over a week ago, yikes). I just adore Melanie's set Inspiration Mosaic, it was the one she asked me to Guest Design with and honestly the versatility of this set is amazing! I made two cards for the hop... The first one was inspired by one Melanie made and had published in CardMaker magazine (you know she is in EVERY issue, quite the ROCK STAR!). I kept her layout but had my own spin on it and did a little bleaching... Fun and very fall-ish, if that were a word, lol!

This next card combines Inspiration Mosaic with Just So Sporty (another fav, especially since the boys in my house LOVE sports!)

I used the Star CB Embossing folder, as well as an embossing folder from Tim Holtz (which the name escapes me). The colors were inspired by my son's baseball team and hope you will forgive me, but not a Dallas Cowboys fan at all....hee-hee :o) You can find more inspiring creations on Melanie's post HERE which also includes links to more of her designing friends.

Hoping to get back in the swing of things blog wise this week.... Dh is doing better and has a follow up appt. with the cardiologist tomorrow. We know it is in His hands and trust Him completely.
Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,

4 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Jennie - fabulous cards, they are both so different and each one is great! Love the colours and your gorgeous CAS style!! You and your DH are in our prayers my friend - He is ABLE!! {{{hugs}}}

craftieodmae said...

both are fantastic!!!! you can do so many things with her sets!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are totally awesome! So glad DH is doing better!

Lori said...

Nice to have you back!!! Especially glad your hubby is better. Your cards are awesome as usual, gf. **hugs**