Gina K. Designs Gallery

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Motherhood


Do you think the Motherhood sentiment from Creative Clear Stamps is my favorite? I seem to be drawn to it and use it all of the time....

The sketch for the card came from Stamping Sisters for Christ Challenge and I just loved the circle for a focal sentiment and of course was just drawn to this Motherhood sentiment. I used the Basic Grey June Bug designer paper with Real Red and Pink Pirouette cardstock. I added a couple of pink brads along the top and a threaded button along the bottom layer which was cut at an angle. This sentiment is so beautiful....

Being a mother in and of itself is a huge job and one we should thank the Lord for every day. The time we have with them is so precious.... I just wish they wouldn't grow quite so fast. You may wonder why I am thinking this way...well, my oldest turns 13 next week and I am amazed how the nearly 13 years have flown by! :o) She is thrilled to be getting older, but her daddy and I still see a little girl with pig tails carrying her Bitty Baby everywhere....

Blessings,


Card Deets: 
Stamp: Motherhood
Cardstock: Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Basic Grey June Bug
Ink: Vivid Brick, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Red Ribbon, Pink Brads, Button, thread, Circle Punch, Mega Scallop Punch

17 comments:

Tanya said...

Beautiful card!

Cathleen said...

Oh Wow! What a pretty card, great colors and love the bottom corner treatment!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Very Pretty, Jennie! I like this sketch.

joy said...

Jeanie, I like this card! The paper, the PERFECT bow and the button! It is all so pretty.

Laura said...

I need to learn how to make bows like that!

Susan said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! You make the best bows.Love the dp.

You have a lot to be thankful for. Your little girl with pig tails is growing up into a pretty and talented young lady.Time does go fast

Helen said...

Beautiful card. The sentiment is awesome and the bow is perfect! (how do you make that happen?!?!)
Blessings!
~H

Unknown said...

I absolutely love love love these colors together in this card. Stunning job Jennie

Kristine said...

Beautiful card, and I love that sentiment! :) I also love the June Bug paper and your ribbon! Yes, I know that feeling about motherhood... my oldest will be starting Middle School next Fall!! They grow up way too fast. :) THanks for entering this beauty in our SSC Challenge this week. It's great having you!!

theneon said...

Love the colors and a great interpretation of the sketch.

paige said...

Pretty paper and a fabulous bow!

Jaspere said...

Oooh I love that ribbon. Beautiful

Payne Holler Cards said...

love the color you chose with the dp - and that sentiment! perfect card for the SSC Challenge! a teenager!! but what a beauty she is...inside and outside !! love to Virginia :)))

Kristin said...

stunning! happy bday to your teen :-)

Anonymous said...

My baby girl turned 22 on Thursday just gone!....mmm.....nuff said...not going to the ....oh I am so old thing!

Hey, you are getting to be the queen of the perfect bow...I am JEALOUS!

Michelle Forrest said...

Wonderful card Jennie!

Anonymous said...

Jennie,

I really like the HB dress card. I'm gonna work on this challenge too.
Joan