Gina K. Designs Gallery

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hey, Cupcake!

I got the general design for this card from a card I saw in Scrapbooks, etc.  It was an advertisement from doodlebug design, Inc. and I wanted to try it using the new Basic Grey designer paper Lemonade. I am love this new paper and think it goes so nicely with Barely Banana.  I used the stamp set Sweetest Blessings and paper pieced the cupcake onto a punched white circle that I sponged lightly with Pretty in Pink.  A nice simple card I think would qualify as CAS!

16 comments:

Kirstin said...

so cute! I love the detail of doing the paper piece holes in the scallop! Fun dp!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is great! I love that cupcake-- it looks like a Dr. Suess cupcake!

paige said...

I love CAS cards and yours is great! The paper piecing and the sponging on the circle really draw the eye to the adorable cupcake.

Stephanie said...

For sure a CAS card, love this!

Unknown said...

what a "sweet" card. Love that cupcake

JazzyH said...

Love cupcakes!

specialcraftmom4 said...

LOVE this cute cupcake card! I wish I could eat it (:

Eve said...

Jennie-
I really like your style and the designs you use!
Kindly,
Eve

Cathleen said...

Oh how cute, love the cupcake and the paper!

Michelle Forrest said...

Wonderful CAS Card!

Harriet said...

I like this card a lot...the colors are great...

Anonymous said...

Love the paper piecing.....

Payne Holler Cards said...

yep, a sweet one to CAS - now I want a cupcake :)

buggin2stamp said...

What a cute CAS card. I love that new DP. And the layout is a lot of fun.

Kristin said...

I love, love, love this card. Love the dp and the cupcake is too cute. Awesome job!

Tina said...

What a yummy looking cupcake! Great colors.