Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

MFT: Baby, It's Cold Outside



I recently ordered some MFT stamps...never bought them before but I can definitely see another order in the near future! :o) They have some new releases unveiled tomorrow night and I know I am looking forward to the snowmen one! I do believe for me, that is a must have...I am snowmen crazy, just ask my hubby!

I stamped this card using Brilliance Graphite pigment ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. The cardstock colors are some favorite retired colors from SU: True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp and Holiday Thyme designer paper...oh, how I miss those colors! The background was embossed using the Snowflake cuttlebug folder and sponged with True Thyme to make the snowflakes really stand out. I paper pieced her dress (using the Holiday Thyme designer paper) and colored her scarf, boots, mittens and background using reinkers and a blue watercolor crayon with my Niji watercolor brush. Of course, the snow needed some attention and I added some Dazzling Diamonds and it really just set it off just right! The sentiment is blinged a bit with a nice pewter snowflake brad...I must say, I love this card. Even my husband who usually gives me the courteous "that's nice" comment when I show him cards, really liked this one. :o)) I am so thankful for him for so many reasons...He is really supportive of my stamping...he doesn't understand my fascination with stamping, but he encourages me in it and for that I am grateful.
Have a gret day...later I should get to stampin' some more.

1 comment:

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love those colors...and how you did the cb bg, awesome! Love the coloring of your sky too...just beautiful!